Monday, November 8, 2010

Comfort

After gently unrolling the top of the bag, I shove my nose in, breathing in the smooth acidity of freshly roasted beans. The coffee launches a small shiver up my spine, a small tingling of delight for what's to come. I measure the beans out carefully, deliberately. I am a geek: the proportions must be right, the water must not be too hot, we must not overextract. I pour the grounds into my press and wait...

This is such a shift. My pace has slowed and this whole concept of free time is something I am approaching slowly, as if an old friend I haven't seen in a while. I feel as if I give and am encouraged (with eggrolls and Thai food, among other things) by the gracious appreciation I receive. The difference quite frankly, is astounding.

No comments:

Post a Comment